Have you noticed there is one long isle down both sides at the grocery store that is dedicated to cleaning supplies? It is crazy. You can get a cleaner for the tile, floor, hardwood, fabric softener, laundry detergent, glass cleaner…. And the list goes on. I had a shelf full of items.
You know me by now that I didn’t throw away cleaning supplies just to minimize the house but I just put together a game plan to replace with less once I ran out. I have found a great item that is become my go to product to help me keep my house clean…. Vinegar.
I can use vinegar to replace so many different cleaners. Here is what I have replaced in my household cleaners with vinegar.
1. Fabric softener. My friend April uses this all the time and I really didn’t believe her that you don’t smell the vinegar in your clothes until I tried it. Use 3/4 cup of vinegar to the rinse cycle to make your clothes soft. It really works great.
2. Floor cleaner. I have tile and hardwood in my house and I love the way vinegar makes my floors shrine. I have used two different cleaners up to now to clean the floors. Now it is just one. Take 1/2 cup vinegar to a gallon of water. It will not leave water spots on your floor.
3. Microwave cleaner. Take 1/2 cup of vinegar and a 1/2 cup of water and bring to a boil in the microwave. Let it sit and steam. You will be able to wipe the grim away and the smell will be gone.
4. Renew sponges. Cover sponges with water and put a 1/4 cup of vinegar in the water. Let it sit for 15 minutes and then rinse.
5. Toilet bowl cleaner. Pour a cup of vinegar in the toilet bowl and close. Let it sit for 1 hour and then wipe clean.
I have so much fun finding new ways to us vinegar. Here is a great site that has tons of ideas 1001 ways to use Vinegar.