In our household it seemed like we were always doing costumes at the last minute. Sometimes they were a flop and other times they were better than we could have bought. One of my favorites was my son’s costume…… Santa on vacation. We lived in the south at the time and the weather at Halloween was still warm so he was able to pull this one off. He wore swim shorts, Hawaii printed shirt and a Santa hat. We tried to get him to carry a suitcase but he chose a to carry a beach towel instead. It actually was a hit!
Here are some ideas that I have had in a file that you might want to try if you are a procrastinator like me.
- Paint a shoe box black and either tape or sew it somehow to your back. You will be a refrigerator magnet.
- Draw the letter “P” around your eye with eye liner - you will be a Black Eyed Pea
- Wear Brown and tape a quarter to your chest and carry a hammer – You will be a quarter pounder.
- Wear a White tee shirt with a big ? on it. Take or glue popcorn all over the shirt too. You will be a “pop quiz”.
- Wear all white, tape or glue milk cartons, cups, empty boxes, wadded up paper and etc…. you will be “White Trash”
- Attach one couch cushion to the front of you and one to the back. Tie with rope or bungee cord….. you will be a lost remote.
- Get a large box and cut a hole for your head and arms. Have the bottom of the box open for your waist and below. Attach six cups on the front in two lines and then spray paint it all one color. You will be a lego block