Did you know that older silver coins are worth a lot more than their face value. I was just reading on Budgets Are Sexy and they were talking about how some of the silver coins are yielding 90% more than their face value.
Check you piggy banks and check out the dates.
Here are some coins to look for.
- Kennedy Half Dollar 1965-1969 – has .14 oz of silver
- Kennedy Half Dollar 1964 – has .36 oz of silver
- Franklin Half Dollar 1948-1963 – has .36 oz of silver
- Walking Liberty Half 1916-1947 – has .36 oz of silver
- Barber Half Dollar 1892-1947 – has .36 oz of silver
- Standing Liberty Quarters 1916-1930 – has .18 oz of silver
- Barber Quarters 1892-1916 – has .18 oz of silver
- Mercury Dime 1946-1964 – has .07 oz of silver
You can find a larger list at Mountain View Coins